Sunday, April 6, 2014

Melon, Cantaloupe, & Tangerine cards


I am on the road to recovery from bronchitis so there will be some new posts now - finally!

I seem to be gravitating toward melon, cantaloupe, and tangerine on my cards, the colors feel fresh and spring-like. At least it will look like spring on my blog even if it doesn't look like spring outside yet.

The above card was made with the Peaceful Petals, Secret Garden, & See Ya Later stamp sets. I really love the way water-coloring looks and have been trying to get the hang of it.

Along with adding envelope liners to make my cards special I have been including a stamped shape to carry the design inside the card. 


It's difficult to get the Shimmery White paper to show up on a photo, but it adds a pretty shine to any project. It's the same shimmer on both sides too which is nice.


This final card is clean & simple: two strips of washi tape, a stamp, a button, and some twine. It's a fun design for those times when you need to make a card in a hurry.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers! Glad you are feeling better!!!!!

Lisa LeClair said...

Love your color choices, these are so pretty!

Solange J. said...

Such pretty cards... You rock this color palette ! Love this soft and happy look. I wish you to get better soon.